Powerful Aurora Skies over Norway
But add to that the moments when sufferers try to enjoy a meal with friends or family. The frustration attendant with being unable to keep food on the fork or spoon becomes another consequence of the disorder.
Now a San Francisco startup called Lift Labs is selling a piece of assistive technology that counters hand tremors and lets users have a meal without embarrassment or annoyance. The device, called Liftware, mounts utensils on an active stabilizing platform that diminishes uncontrollable jerking movements.
This month, Lift Labs is matching donations to its Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign to send Liftware to people in economic hardship. The company will send the devices to the International Essential Tremor Foundation for distribution to those in need. Click through to see the campaign video.
The wood frog has garnered attention by biologists over the last century because of its freeze tolerance. [ dont look like Einstein? ]
Tinkerbelle’s Purple Addiction
Just another photo of some yummy fruit that I ate…
“This healthy treat will tempt, delight and not cause yucky energy crashes later on.”
Yield: 4 small pops
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 15 minutes
- 6 ounces (170 grams) Redwood Hill Farm Plain Goat Yogurt
- 60 grams Roasted Pecans, diced
- 1 tablespoon Butter or Ghee
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (45 grams) cup pure Maple Syrup I like grade B
- pinch of Sea Salt
- Nuts always taste better when roasted. So simple!
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Put nuts on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Roast for about 10 minutes or until fragrant. Let cool and serve.Popsicles
- Have some pop molds ready (Don’t worry if you don’t have any, Dixie cups will work, as well!). Melt butter in a small sauté pan. Add maple syrup, salt and 1/2 of the chopped pecans. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 1 minute until mixture thickens a bit. Let mixture cool a bit. In a bowl combine yogurt and maple, butter pecan mixture.
- Pour into pop molds and top some with the remaining chopped pecans. Freeze for at least 3 hours or until solid.Notes
- You can simple double or triple this recipe to make larger pops or as many as you need!